A664 Test Instruments
AIT’s ARINC 664 test instruments can be used in test and simulation applications that are required to transmit and receive data over the ARINC 664 avionics databus. AIT’s instruments use small form-factor pluggable transceivers (SFP) and support copper or fiber optic physical network interfaces.
Using an FPGA based architecture, with multiple embedded processors, the ARINC 664 instruments provide onboard support for upper layer protocol processing (A653, UDP, IP) and utilize DMA to provide optimal data throughput. All ARINC 664 protocol operations, including VL traffic shaping, redundancy management, and IP fragmentation and reassembly, are handled onboard.
- Simulates multiple ARINC 664 End Systems, including VL traffic shaping and input VL redundancy management
- Supports up to 4K Output VLs and 4K Input VLs
- Supports up to 16K Sampling & Queuing output message ports and up to 16K input Sampling & Queuing message ports
- IRIG‐B Time Synchronization
- Provides network statistics including VL message counts and data rates
- Automatic message sequencing & periodic data generated onboard
- Capture and timestamp all transmitted Ethernet data with transmit loopback
- Supports IEEE 802.3 10/100/1000 Mbit/s Full‐Duplex Ethernet links
- Utilizes SFPs to support both copper and optical interfaces
- Standard Ethernet operations simultaneous to ARINC 664 operations
- Upper layer protocol handling (A653, UDP, IP) managed onboard
- Provides DMA for high data rate applications
- Time‐stamping of all received messages with 8 nS resolution
- Optional “promiscuous” mode allows capture of all network traffic for protocol analysis and data logging applications
- Windows, Linux, VxWorks and LabVIEW Real Time Drivers and APIs provided (other OS support on request)
- Easy setup and configuration using AIT’s GUI Flight Simulyzer™ and ARINC 664 End System configuration tools
Analyzers & Software Tools
Flight SimulyzerTM & SDK
AIT’s Flight Simulyzer application provides users with an intuitive and easy‐to‐use ARINC 664 network data capture, analyzer, and replay tool which integrates with industry standard Ethernet tools (such as Wireshark) and interfaces.
Delivered with every module, our ARINC 664/AFDX® End System Software Development Kit (SDK) provides a complete suite of ARINC 664 software API’s and ARINC 664 and Ethernet ES configuration tools to support intuitive and efficient development and integration of ARINC 664 simulation and test applications. Software modules supporting ARINC 615A Data Loading, TFTP, and SNMP operations are available.
LabVIEW Instrument Driver
AIT’s ARINC 664/AFDX® LabVIEW Instrument Driver is an easy-to-use, Compatible with LabVIEW Instrument Driver which provides high level Virtual Instruments (VIs) that support quick prototyping and deployment of ARINC 664 applications.
The AIT ARINC 664 Instrument Driver has been certified by National Instruments to be “Compatible with LabVIEW”. This means that users are ensured of the highest quality, usability, and integration with National Instrument’s LabVIEW.
The ARINC 664 Instrument Driver is built upon the AIT common ARINC 664 Configuration Data core format. User applications developed using the ARINC 664 Instrument Driver can easily utilize databus configurations created using AIT’s Flight Simulyzer software or the AIT C++ API. It’s simple, define your avionics system’s ARINC 664 interface configuration once, then use it in your LabVIEW Instrumentation applications!
ARINC 664 Switches
AIT also provides ARINC 664 Switching and interconnection solutions tailored to lab and development applications.
ARINC 664 Switches for lab, supporting optical and copper network interfaces.
Key Development Switch Features:
- 16 Port Switches Available
- 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
- ARINC-615A Data Loading
- SNMP support; health monitoring; BIT AFDX®
- 4096 Virtual Links (VL) support
- Support for up to four priorities
- BAG range 0.5 to 1600ms
- Concurrent operation of ARINC 664p7 messages with BAG checking
High Speed Digital Switch Matrix & Optical Power Management
In support of interconnect in system integration and lab applications, and also in support of optical power management (measurement and attenuation of optical signals), a protocol independent (physical layer) switch matrix and power management system, VERTA, is provided.
- Optical Power Management
- Concurrent & Parallel Test
- Flexibility of UUT and Tester interconnect
- Support for Optical and Copper Ethernet
- Support for 10Mbit to 10Gbit Ethernet